92-Year-Old Struck, Killed By Train in Dutchess County
A 92-year-old who was walking on the rail tracks was struck and killed by a southbound train Tuesday morning.
On Tuesday, June 25, 2019, the New York State Police investigated a fatal train and pedestrian collision on the Amtrak line between the Rhinecliff and Staatsburg stations.
The investigation revealed that An V. Tran, age 92, of Poughkeepsie was struck and killed by a southbound Amtrak train while walking on the tracks at approximately 9:17AM.
Amtrak Police, Village of Rhinebeck Police, MTA Police, NYS Department of Transportation, Hillside Fire Department and the Dutchess County Medical Examiner’s Office were also on scene.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America