7 Arrested in Hudson Valley Prostitution Bust
Three women and four men were arrested following an investigation into prostitution in the Hudson Valley.
On Thursday, members of the City of Newburgh Police Department and Orange County District Attorney’s Office Task Force conducted a prostitution investigation addressing complaints of prostitution in the City of Newburgh.
As a result of the operation, officers charged 34-year-old April Hoyle, 31-year-old Luz Wilson-Colon and 64-year-old Susan Knapp with prostitution.
Robert Bullis, 59, 27-year-old Michel Sebastian-Ramirez, Leverne Barnett, 54, and 43-year-old Kyrie Brinson were all arrested for patronizing a prostitute.
Brinson gave police a fake name because he has an active warrant out of Middletown Court, police say. He was also charged with false personation.
"Those who patronize prostitutes not only destroy the quality of life of City residents but take advantage of those unfortunate individuals who become ensnared in prostitution. My office will continue to seek dispositions which will enable appropriate individuals charged with prostitution to gain the skills they need to escape that destructive lifestyle," Orange County District Attorney David Hoovler said.
- Exotic Tick Which Spreads Deadly Disease Found In Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Police Officer Killed Heading To Work Laid To Rest
- Hudson Valley Teen Pleads Guilty Following School Shooting Threat
- 3 Hudson Valley Men Jailed For Murder of Hudson Valley Teen
- 7 Arrested in Hudson Valley Prostitution Bust
- Police: 12 Charged For Drug Sales Drugs Near Hudson Valley School