Win The Halloween Party With These ‘Black Magic’ Jell-O Shots
It's finally time for some of the best parties of the year: Halloween parties.
I'm no bartender, we've seen that already. If you haven't, you have to watch me bartend (read: try to bartend). But I certainly enjoy myself an alcoholic beverage. Cocktails have come a long way too, there's so much you can do with alcohol! If you want to drink to National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, here's a list of pink cocktails. If you want to eat your alcohol, check out these fireball pudding shots.
But if you're looking to be the star of the Halloween party and favorite guest, you HAVE to make these 'Black Magic' Jell-O shots. I made them for a Halloween party last weekend and everyone loved them. They're super easy too!
Like anything worthwhile, I found the recipe for them via Pinterest by Bread Booze Bacon. Here's the recipe:
Clear plastic shot glasses (approx. 65)
2 packages blue Jell-O
2 packages purple Jell-O
Black Sugar Crystals/Sprinkles
Black Magic Jell-O Shots Step By Step
1. Combine both blue Jell-O powder packages with 1 cup of boiling water in a pitcher. Mix until powder is dissolved. Then add 1/2 cup cold water. Stir to combine. Let sit for 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup vodka. Stir to combine. Let sit for an additional 5 minutes.
2. Fill plastic shot glasses 1/2 of the way with the blue Jell-O water/vodka mixture. Refrigerate for approximately 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
3. Towards the end of the refrigeration time, repeat step 1 but with the purple Jell-O instead of the blue Jell-O.
4. Fill remaining space of plastic shot glasses with the purple Jell-O water/vodka mixture by pouring it on top of the blue layer. The color should seep into the blue layer a little to create an ombre effect.
5. Refrigerate for an additional 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
6. Check to see if the shots are firm with a little tacky-ness on the top (basically 80%-90% 'solid' Jell-O). If not, refrigerate until they are. If so, sprinkle black sugar crystals/sprinkles on top.
7. Leave refrigerated until served.
Insider tip: when eating, run your finger around the inside edge of the Jell-O shot to loosen it from the plastic shot glass to make it easier to eat.