Wilderness Rescue in Ulster County
Members of the sheriff's department and DEC rangers were dispatched to assist in locating a 26-year old woman.
On April 7, the Ulster County Sheriff's Office contacted the DEC's central dispatch to request help with the search for a 26-year old woman from the Town of Shandaken.
The woman's mother called the police around 10:00 p.m., and the police responded with the K9 Unit. Rangers interviewed the mother and then hiked behind the residence to conduct a search in the Slide Mountain Wilderness Area.
Many different areas were searched by police and rangers. The missing woman was located approximately two miles from her home on state land.
She was taken back to her residence to be evaluated.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash