Weather May Postpone Local Chili Challenge
Weather maybe the reason that the annual Local Ingredient Chili Challenged gets postponed to Sunday or even possibly February 1st. Saturday's weather will be perfect chili eating weather but not a day for an outdoor chili competition at Water Street Market in New Paltz.
Keeping an eye on the Water Street Market Facebook Page is probably the best way to keep up-to-date on whether or not this event is reschedule due to weather. This annual event that is in it's 12th year is a tasty way to spend an afternoon in January. Local restaurants and individuals gather at Water Street Market in the court yard to vie for the various Best of Titles.
The thing that makes this event different from your average chili competition is that this challenge requires the chefs to use a certain amount of local ingredients. No matter what day it happens this year you want to make sure you come down to enjoy the delicious chilies and support the St Joseph's Food Pantry.
Listen to Paty Quyn weekday afternoons from 3PM to 7PM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash