Warning: Potential Major Traffic Delays in Dutchess County This Weekend
A number of roads all over Dutchess County will be closed this weekend. Many will likely cause major traffic delays. Here are the roads you will want to avoid and when!
On Sunday, the 38th annual Dutchess County Classic is taking place throughout Lagrange, East Fishkill, and Wappinger.
State Police say, over hundreds of participates will be running in scheduled races. Events include, the children's race, five-kilometer race, and half-marathon. The half-marathon is starting at Arlington High School in the Town of Lagrange.
Dr. Fink Road will be closed for all three running events between 8:00 A.M. to 9:30 A.M.
Freedom Road will be closed from State Route 55 to the entrance of James Baird State Park for the duration of the 5K event. It is anticipated that this closure will last from 8:45 A.M. – 9:45 A.M.
State Route 55 will be briefly closed to traffic at the Lauer Road intersection in the Town of Lagrange to allow hundreds of runners to safely cross the intersection from approximately 8:35 A.M. until about 8:45 A.M.
Lauer Road in the Town of Lagrange will be open to local traffic only.
Noxon Road in the Town of Lagrange, from the intersection of Robinson Lane to Stringham Road will be reduced to one lane of alternating traffic from 8:30 A.M. to 12 P.M.
Hillside Lake Road, also known as County Route 33, will have a designated area for runners on the north shoulder.
Due to the above closures and potential traffic delays during the race, State Police is warning drivers to avoid the following roads on Sunday morning after 8:00 A.M. until to 12 P.M.
1. State Route 55 & Freedom Road in the area of Arlington High School, Town of Lagrange.
2. Lauer Road, Todd Hill Road, and Stringham Road in the Town of Lagrange.
3. Noxon Road between Robinson Lane and Arthursburg Road in the Town of Lagrange.
4. Robinson Lane in the Towns of Wappinger, East Fishkill, and Lagrange.
5. Hillside Lake Road in the Towns of East Fishkill and Lagrange.
6. Arthursburg Road between the Taconic State Parkway and Noxon Road in the Town of Lagrange.
7. Todd Hill Road between Lauer Road and the Taconic State Parkway in the town of Lagrange.
Drivers planning to use any of these roads on Sunday morning should allow extra time or use alternate routes to get to their destinations.