Upper Hudson Valley Man Accused of Selling Illegal Rhino Skull
The Department of Environmental Conservation said they arrested and charged a Columbia County man Monday with illegal commercialization of wildlife. The Times Union says the man stands accused of selling a black rhino skull, which the DEC says is a critically endangered species.
While laws have been put in place to help bring back the species from extinction, poaching and other illegal activities continue. The DEC says it's illegal in New York state to sell any pat of a rhino.
The man's identity has not yet been released. More details as they emerge.
The severity of the punishment will depend on the value of the skull.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash