Unemployment Drops In The Hudson Valley
Compared to last year's unemployment rate, the Hudson Valley saw a decline for 2019.
The Daily Freeman reports that the unemployment rate in the Hudson Valley for January 2019 was lower than January 2019. The numbers came from the State Labor Department on Tuesday, March 19, 2019. Statewide, the unemployment rate went from 5% in January 2018 to 4.6% in January 2019.
Dutchess County dropped from 4.8% to 3.8% for January 2018 to January 2019. According to the Daily Freeman, Ulster County also saw a drop between January 2018 and January 2019. It fell from 5% to 4.1%.
Greene County fell from 6.1% to 4.7% for January 2018 to January 2019, as reported by the Daily Freeman. Columbia County went from 4.7% in January 2018 to 3.7% in January 2019. Orange County also fell a full percent, going from 4.9% in January 2018 to 3.9% in January 2019. Delaware County fell from 7.3% in January 2018 to 5.6% in January 2019. Sullivan County also fell from 6% to 4.4% between January 2018 and January 2019.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash