Ulster County Man Sets Building on Fire, Police Say
An Ulster County man is accused of setting fire to an Ulster County building, severally damaging it.
On Friday, members of the Kingston Police Department Detective Division arrested 26-year-old Garrett E. Showers of Kingston for burglary and arson, felonies.
On April 29, the Kingston Fire Department responded to a fire at an empty building on O’Neil Street. The fire was put out, but the building was severely damaged, police say.
Fire officials investigated and determined that the fire wasn’t accidental or from natural causes.
An investigation by Kingston Police led to the arrest of Showers. Police didn’t say how their investigation led to the arrest.
Showers was remanded to Ulster County Jail on $10,000 bail.
- 15 Year-Old Girl Killed Crossing Route 17
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Failed To Register As Sex Offender For 5 Years
- 10-Year-Old Hudson Valley Boy Overdoses on Marijuana
- Hudson Valley Football Star Gets NFL Tryout
- 12 Arrested Following Prostitution Sting In Orange County
- Hudson Valley Man Caught Placing ShopRite Items Down ‘Pants,’ Police Say
- Distinguished Ulster County K-9 Retires
- Police: Hudson Valley Woman Steals From Handicap Home
35 were arrested for selling heroin, sex offenders moving to local motels and a deadly tick are in this week's Top 5 Hudson Valley news stories.