Three Story Hotel Restaurant Hotel Proposed For New Paltz
If plans come to fruition, the building that once housed Moxie Cupcakes in New Paltz could become a restaurant and twelve-room hotel. But hurdles remain as plans go against town building code according to Hudson Valley One.
Developers would need a variance because the current code caps new construction at two and a half floors. Plans for the restaurant and hotel would include a roof deck with views of the ridge which would exceed three floors.
The structure at 184 Main Street was originally built as a Jack In The Box and has seen a number of businesses go through the property. According to plans, the building would be leveled and the 43-foot building would replace it. That height does not take into consideration the additional footage for the roof deck.
What are your thoughts, should a restaurant/hotel take the place of the old Moxie (Jack In The Box)?
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash