School Bus Driver Allegedly Drove Kids Home From School Drunk
A school bus driver was arrested after police say he was operating his bus while under the influence of alcohol.
According to New York State Police from Troop K, Milliam J. Mendez was transporting children home from school on December 9 when his bus was stopped. After an investigation and a field sobriety test were taken it was determined that Mendez had a blood alcohol level of .22%, which is almost three times the legal limit.
Mendez was transporting children from the Somers Intermediate School to the Town of Somers. The bus driver was arrested for DWI, and aggravated DWI under Leandra's Law. If found guilty, the law makes it an automatic felony on the first offense to drive drunk with a person age 15 or younger inside the vehicle
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash