Powerful Images from Poughkeepsie’s ‘We Can’t Breathe’ Protest
Many Hudson Valley residents gathered to protest the death of George Floyd and racial injustice this past week. Hundreds showed up in downtown Poughkeepsie to show their support and the photos are very powerful.
Several demonstrations have been happening throughout the Hudson Valley and all over the country.
Though some of the protests have escalated into violence and unrest, Poughkeepsie's large protest was reported to be mostly civil. Hundreds marched from Harriet Tubman Park in Poughkeepsie to the Mid-Hudson Bridge and to the arterial.
"I’m extremely proud of the people that marched for this horrific situation and I’m equally pleased with how the police handled the situation. The police were dealt a lot of crap and took it on the chin like pros," photographer David Boccio said.
Here are some photos from the protest from captured through Boccio's lens and that of fellow local photographer Tyler J. Blodgett.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to noon through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Restaurants
- Did this Hudson Valley Family Catch a Ghost on Camera?
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge?
- Hudson Valley Donut Shop Named Best in New York State
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Hudson Valley School Surprises Students
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America