Police: Hudson Valley Man Raped Teen He Friended on Social Media
A Hudson Valley man is accused of raping a teen he friended on social media multiple times.
On Tuesday, New York State Police from the Brewster barracks arrested Anthony E. Barrera Ramirez, 21, of Dover for first-degree rape, second-degree rape, sexual abuse, all felonies, forcible touching and endangering the welfare of a child, misdemeanors.
On Monday, allegations of sexual assault were reported to the State Police. An investigation found that Barrera Ramirez began having conversations with a 13-year-old on a social media application. The conversations became sexual in nature and Barrera Ramirez was able to entice the victim to send inappropriate photographs, police say.
Barrera Ramirez then had sexual contact with the 13-year-old victim over a period of several months, police allege.
On one occasion, Barrera Ramirez broke into the teen's home and committed forcible rape, according to authorities.
Barrera Ramirez was arraigned before the town of Carmel Court and remanded to the Putnam County Jail in lieu of $150,000 cash bail or $300,000 bond.
- 2018 Hudson Valley Fireworks Guide
- Hudson Valley Man Dead in Apparent Double-Suicide
- Hudson Valley Teacher’s Aide Raped, Sexually Abused Boy
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Raped Teen He Friended on Social Media
- Multiple Large Venomous Snakes Found Near Hudson Valley Homes
- Hudson Valley Man Confesses After Dead Remains Found in Planter
- Hudson Valley Teen Signs MLB Contract
- Hudson Valley Police Arrest 7 in Prostitution, Drug Enforcement
- 'Horror Plant' Causes Blindness, Burns Found in Hudson Valley
- Police Save Suicidal Student On Top of Hudson Valley Water Tower