Police: Hudson Valley Man Not Wearing Seatbelt Killed in Crash
A 22-year-old from the Hudson Valley was killed in a one-car crash.
On Sunday around 12:30 a.m., the Monticello Police Department responded to a 911 report of a one-car motor vehicle accident on Liberty Street near the intersection of Hillcrest Avenue in the Village of Monticello.
Responding officers found that a 2004 Honda Civic which had collided with many trees and a utility pole. For an unknown reason, the driver, 22-year-old Manuel Ibarra Vasquez of South Fallsburg, drove off the road and drove into the trees and pole, police say.
Vasquez was declared dead at the scene. He was his car's only occupant. Excessive speed and not wearing a seatbelt are blamed for the fatal crash, according to authorities.
An autopsy and toxicology results are still pending.
- Police: Drunk Man Found in Hudson Valley With Kill List, Shotgun
- Cops Look for Driver Who Fled After Killing Dog in Hudson Valley
- Injured Hudson Valley Dog's Owner Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Hudson Valley Fire Department Lieutenant Admits to Selling Drugs
- Hudson Valley Actress To Plead Guilty in College Admissions Scam
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Not Wearing Seatbelt Killed in Crash
- Hudson Valley Teen Disappears After Going to Local Bar
- Unvaccinated Children Allowed Back at Hudson Valley Schools
- Filming Will Close Congested Hudson Valley Road During Rush Hour
- Hudson Valley Man Dies After Crashing Into Building
- Skeletal Remains Found in Hudson Valley, Investigation Underway
- Police Raid 6 Hudson Valley Bars Looking For Underage Drinkers