Police: Dutchess Teen Sexually Abused Child, Provided Alcohol
A Dutchess County teen is accused of providing a child with alcohol and sexually abusing the child.
Following an investigation, New York State Police from Rhinebeck arrested 19-year-old Jason A. Rugar of Hyde Park for aggravated sexual abuse, a felony, endangering the welfare of a child and unlawful dealing with a child, misdemeanors.
On May 17, New York State Police received a complaint of possible sexual abuse in the town of Hyde Park.
The investigation revealed Rugar sexually abused a child younger than 14 and gave the child an alcoholic beverage, police say.
Rugar was arraigned before the town of Hyde Park Court and remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $5,000 cash bail or $10,000 bond. An order of protection was requested on behalf of the victim and granted by the court.
- Hudson Valley Man Attacked By Cougar, Friend Killed
- Baby Hit and Killed by Father in Hudson Valley on Memorial Day
- Hudson Valley Brothers Still Missing After Car Crashes Into River
- Man Falls to Death During Difficult Hike Near Hudson Valley
- Police: Dutchess Teen Sexually Abused Child, Provided Alcohol