One Seriously Injured in I-84 Crash, Police Say
On July 17, 2019, the New York State Police investigated a serious motor vehicle crash on Interstate 84 at approximately 10:26 a.m., in the town of Southeast.
Preliminary investigation suggests a 2001 Isuzu Rodeo operated by Bubacarr Dukureh, age 55, of Bronx, N.Y., was traveling westbound on Interstate 84 near mile marker 66, between exits 19 and 20, and was either stopped or coming to a stop in the lane.
The Rodeo was then struck in the rear by a 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 van, operated by Christopher J. Saas, age 50, of Patterson, N.Y.
Both operators were transported by emergency medical services to Danbury hospital. Dukureh is currently being treated for serious injuries, and Saas sustained non-life threatening injuries.
The westbound lanes were closed for over an hour due to the collision with traffic moving slowly on the shoulder.
This investigation remains on-going
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash