Newburgh Man Accused of Driving with Loaded Gun, Weed
An unlicensed Newburgh man was allegedly driving with a large amount of weed and a loaded gun. On Sunday just after 12 p.m., deputies from the Orange County Sheriff's Office stopped a car on Liberty Street in Newburgh.
The driver, 21-year-old Tyshe M. Williams Jr. of Newburgh who was driving without a license, was found with 94 bags of marijuana and a loaded Ruger handgun, police say.
Williams was charged with criminal possession of a weapon, a felony, and criminal possession of marijuana, a misdemeanor. Williams was remanded to the Orange County Jail on $25,000 cash bail or $50,000 bond.
- 3 Cases of Measles Confirmed From Hudson Valley, More Likely
- Child Stabbed, Teen Accused of Waving Knife at Police in Newburgh
- Police: Hudson Valley Teen Wrote School Shooting Practice Letter
- Police: Hudson Valley Bus Driver Tried to Meet Child for Sex
- 1 Killed, 1 Injured in Plane Crash in Orange County
- 3 Critically Hurt After Car Plows Into Popular H.V. Restaurant
- People Who Ate at Popular Hudson Valley Diner Exposed to Measles