Nearly 30 Racing Horses Killed In Orange County Barn Fire
A raging fire sadly killed 28 harness racing horses over the weekend at Mount Hope Training facility.
The New York Post reports that a stable worker reported a fire breaking out at approximately 3 a.m. on Saturday morning. The horses had just returned from racing in the Poconos. A stable worker first saw the fire early during their feeding. The fire spread quickly throughout the entire barn and sadly, the workers at the stable were unable to save any of the horses.
The Orange County Sheriff's Department reported that no humans were harmed during the blaze and the cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash