Mohonk Preserve Tragedy, Man Falls While Climbing West Trapps
Tragedy struck Sunday when a man fell to his death while climbing in Mohonk Preserve in New Paltz. The incident occurred in the West Trapps section which is a well-known spot for rock climbers.
Hudson Valley One reports six rangers responded after the unnamed man fell 160 feet to the base of a cliff. This was the third incident in the past few weeks but the first fatality. Firefighters from Gardiner along with State Police assisted at the scene.
According to TheMountainProject.com, there are more than 500 routes to ascend and some can be difficult to spot in the summertime due to overgrowth. There are varying levels of difficulty climbs in the area. More details are not known at this time.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash