5 Best Video Game Themes of All Time
What are some of the best video game scores ever created? It sounds like a ridiculous question but with video game scores now up for Grammy awards I think it's legitimate.
Music has made a huge impact on films. Even silent films relied on music to set the tone. Video games have been depending on music for decades to catch the players attention. This past year the Grammy Awards started to recognize music on video games and interactive media. The winner was Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarok. If they started this category years ago here are some songs I think should have won or at least have been nominated.
5. It might not be the best but the original Tetris theme was an ear worm. The song is actually a cover of a 19th century Russian folk song called Korobeiniki.
4. The Resident Evil franchise has been terrifying gamers for decades. These survival horror games are known for their puzzles, action and jump scares. The original games only let you save your progress in specific spots called save rooms. When you heard this song you knew you were momentarily safe.
3. Goldeneye 007 for Nintendo 64 revolutionized multiplayer gaming. It remains to be one of the most popular games of all time. It also comes with a soundtrack that just slaps. Many remember the pause music as being way ahead of its time much like the game itself. Here's ten minutes of it for your enjoyment.
2. The Legend of Zelda was many gamer's introduction to adventure games. The song was and still is iconic.
1. Coming in at number 1 we saved the best for last. This has to be the most recognizable song on the planet and has survived for generations.
Do you agree with the list? What would you add to it?