‘Yellowstone': Season 2 Premiere Brings a Medical Crisis for John Dutton [Spoilers Alert]
Yellowstone Season 2 began airing on CBS on Sunday night (Oct. 29), and the new season brings violence and turmoil as Rip (Cole Hauser) metes out frontier-style justice, while John (Kevin Costner) suffers a medical crisis.
Highlights of the episode include:
- Chairman Rainwater (Gil Birmingham) faces pushback when he presents his plans for a new casino to the tribal council.
- Jamie (Wes Bentley) continues his run for political office and his romance with his campaign manager, while John and Beth (Kelly Reilly) find someone to run against him.
- Monica (Kelsey Asbille) tells Kayce (Luke Grimes) that she has to protect Tate (Brecken Merrill) from his actions, and she also decides to accept a new teaching position, teaching her unvarnished view of history at a local university.
- A new ranch hand seems to spell potential trouble, while Walker (Ryan Bingham) is on a collision course with Rip.
- After the Bunkhouse Boys are on the losing end of a bar fight, Rip leads the entire crew back to the bar to serve up violent, Dutton-style justice.
- Beth plots to buy up the land around the Dutton ranch and put it in conservation easements, thereby stopping developers' plans for the valley.
Season 2, Episode 1 of Yellowstone ends with John Dutton suffering a medical crisis that forces him to be airlifted to the hospital, as he laments to Kayce that he fears his time is short: "I've got so much to undo," he reflects.
Yellowstone Season 2 will continue to air every Sunday night on CBS, giving existing fans a review of the show while introducing it to a whole new network television audience. The second half of Season 5 has been delayed by the ongoing actors strike, with no further information currently available.
PICTURES: See Inside Kevin Costner's Spectacular Colorado Ranch
Gallery Credit: Sterling Whitaker