Is New York the Best State For Teachers?
There are a lot of pressures that go along with choosing teaching as a carrer. Location is a major factor in terms of successful rate.
Teaching can be a profoundly rewarding career, considering the critical role educators play in shaping young minds. But many teachers find themselves overworked and underpaid.
Education jobs are among the lowest paying occupations that require a bachelor's degree. Wallethub crunched all the numbers to determine which states are the best for teachers.
The 50 states and the District of Columbia were compared based on 23 key indicators of teacher-friendliness. The data set ranges from teachers’ income growth potential to pupil-teacher ratio to teacher safety.
New York was ranked as the 10th best state for teachers. Here's the breakdown
Teacher-Friendliness in New York:
- 10th – Avg. Salary for Teachers (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 24th – Quality of School System
- 9th – Pupil-Teacher Ratio
- 1st – Public-School Spending per Student
- 4th – Teachers’ Income Growth Potential
- 7th – 10-Year Change in Teacher Salaries
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash