Hundreds of New York State Homes Flooded by Raw Sewage
Some families were forced from their homes after sewage after a water main break filled basements with disgusting sewage. The NY Daily News says the sewage is chest deep in some of the homes.
The Daily News says two to three hundred homes in South Jamaica, Queens were hit by the sewage. The Environmental Protection Commissioner says the problem comes from too many people pouring grease down the drain. The drains then got blocked thus trapping all the foul sewage.
Residents say the waters kept rising in their basements in spite of every effort they made to pump it out. This has left many of basements completely ruined. Now, homeowners are looking for other places to stay until a solution is found.
The sewage is coming from their tubs and showers. It’s coming through their walls. People have their doors open. It’s cold out here.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash