Hudson Valley Woman Accused of Stabbing Woman With Scissors
A Hudson Valley woman allegedly violated an active order of protection and stabbed another woman.
On Saturday, members of the Monticello Police Department arrested Joyce R. Housman, 27, of Monticello for assault, criminal contempt and criminal possession of a weapon, all felonies.
Around 3 a.m., Monticello police responded to a report of a disturbance in a home on Park Avenue in the Village of Monticello. Upon arrival, officers interviewed a 26-year-old woman who was bleeding from a cut in her leg, police say.
The woman told officers that Housman, whom the victim had an active order of protection against, stabbed her twice in the leg with a pair of scissors during a domestic dispute.
While officers were interviewing the woman, Housman returned to the scene and she was arrested, officials say.
The victim was taken to a local hospital for medical treatment. Housman was arraigned in the Village of Monticello Justice Court and remanded to the Sullivan County Jail on $100,000 bail.
- Snow Possible This Week for Hudson Valley Before Weekend Snow
- Hudson Valley City Among 'Most Dangerous' in United States
- These Children Have Gone Missing From The Hudson Valley
- New York State May Soon Ban Plastic Bags
- 3 Charged In Mob-Controlled Sports Betting Ring In Hudson Valley
- Car Demolishes Popular Hudson Valley Deli & Pizzeria, 2 Injured
- Woman Fatally Struck By Car Walking in Hudson Valley, 1 Injured
- 1 Killed After Car Crashes Into Hudson Valley Business
- Hudson Valley Man Found Dead in Ditch
- Major Expansion Planned For Woodbury Commons