Hudson Valley Parents, 1 Other Killed in Fiery Crash
A fiery car crash that spread to a home claimed the life of three Hudson Valley residents. A teen lost both his parents.
On Monday around 10:45 p.m., the driver of a 2000 Chevrolet Blazer left the road and struck a tree on State Route 82 in the town of Stanford.
The Blazer caught fire after hitting a tree and the fire spread to a nearby house. The house fire was put out by the Stanfordville Fire Department.
According to State Police, the driver and a front seat passenger were pronounced dead on the scene. Another passenger was airlifted to Mid-Hudson Regional Hospital where he later succumbed to his injuries.
John A. Perry, 46, 40-year-old Kelly L. Perry both of Stanford and 35-year-old Michael V. Lasher of Lagrange all lost their lives, police say.
John and Kelly lived half a mile from the accident, according to Hudson Valley Post correspondent Todd Bender. Their teenage child lost both parents.
One person who was in the house when it caught fire wasn't hurt.
- Lawyer: Unseen Video From Viral Bar Fight Tells Different Story
- 3 Hudson Valley Restaurants Makes List of 'America’s Favorite'
- Hudson Valley Officer Sexually Harassed By Boss, Lawsuit Claims
- Have You Seen This Wanted Hudson Valley 'Sexual Predator'?
- 'Sexually Violent' Sex Offender Moves in Hudson Valley
- Beloved Hudson Valley Teacher, Father to 10 Killed
- Hudson Valley High School Senior Killed in Crash
- Man Found Dead Pinned Under Truck in Hudson Valley
- Encounter With Bouncer, Customer at Hudson Valley Bar Goes Viral
- Hudson Valley Woman With Suspended License Causes Fatal Accident