Hudson Valley Man Convicted of Domestic Abuse for 4th Time
A Hudson Valley man beat, strangled and burnt a woman in the presence of four children while driving in the Hudson Valley. This marks the man's fourth domestic abuse conviction.
In Ulster County Court, Raymond Ducker of Ellenville was convicted on three counts of aggravated family offense and four counts of endangering the welfare of a child.
According to court documents:
Ducker, a prior felon, assaulted the woman in the presence of four children on August 6, 2018. While driving through the towns of Rochester, Wawarsing and Marbletown he repeatedly struck the victim, looped a phone cord around her neck and burned her face with a lit cigarette.
The victim suffered a concussion, extensive bruising and a burn scar that lasted for months. An 8-year-old, 3-year-old and two infants were in the car while the defendant terrorized the victim.
At the trial, Ducker testified in his own defense. He denied striking the victim and said that she was burned by the cigarette accidentally while he was pushing her away.
This is Ducker's fourth domestic violence conviction. He has previously been convicted of stalking, criminal contempt in the 1st Degree, criminal contempt in the 2nd Degree and criminal mischief, according to the Ulster County District Attorney's Office.
In addition to Ducker’s domestic violence history, his criminal history includes 23 arrests and 18 convictions dating back to 2001.
Ducker faces up to two to four years in state prison when sentenced.
- Popular Hudson Valley Coach Killed By the Mother of his Children
- Popular Hudson Valley Bar Shut Down by Police
- Body Found Dead in Water in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley School Investigates Alleged Homophobic Incident
- 7 Teens Charged With Robbing Student who Brought Knife to School
- Hudson Valley Man Convicted of Domestic Abuse for 4th Time
- 1 Dead After Drugs Laced With Fentanyl Sold in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Elementary Student Brings Box Cutters To School
- Hudson Valley Rallies Behind Teen Battling Rare Cancer
- Fire Fighting Foam Released Into Air, Water in Hudson Valley
- 1 Killed in Route 9 Crash in Hudson Valley