Hudson Valley Man Accused of Abusing 5-Month-Old
A Hudson Valley man is accused of causing an infant's traumatic brain injury.
On March 5, the Ulster County Family and Child Advocacy Center along with detectives from the Town of Saugerties Police Department initiated an investigation into alleged abuse of a 5-month-old infant which occurred in the Village of Saugerties.
The infant was airlifted to the Westchester Medical Center Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and diagnosed as having suffered a non-accidental traumatic brain injury and was listed as being in critical condition, police say.
A follow-up investigation revealed that the 5-month-old child suffered from Abusive Head Trauma, formerly referred to as shaken baby syndrome, officials say.
On Thursday, 25-year-old Joshua Imboli of Poughkeepsie was arrested and charged with reckless assault of a child, a felony. He was arraigned in the Village of Saugerties Court and remanded to Ulster County Jail in Lieu of $10,000 cash bail. An Order of Protection was issued on behalf of the victim.
Police didn't release the relationship between Imboli and the child.
- 3 Hudson Valley Children Go Missing, Help Needed
- 7 Who 'Sold Deadly Drugs' in Hudson Valley Indicted
- Hudson Valley Buildings Named After Slave Owners Get New Names
- Snowstorm Could Impact First Full Day of Spring in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Woman Found Dead Following 4-Hour Standoff With Man
- Priest Arrested in Hudson Valley for Possessing Meth, Police Say
- Grocery Store Worker Allegedly Made Anti-Semitic Remarks To Girl
- Investigation Continues Into Video of Cop Slamming Teen Girl
- Multiple Confirmed Cases of Measles Found in Another Local County
- Kurt Russel, Hemsworth Secretly Filmed Movie In Hudson Valley
- Large Reward Offered to Help Find Hudson Valley Woman's Killer
- Hudson Valley High School Wins State Championship