Hudson Valley Heroin Dealer Found With $40,000 Worth of Heroin
A Hudson Valley heroin dealer was sentenced after he was found with over $40,000 worth of heroin.
In Sullivan County Court, Randolph Dauch, 64, of White Lake was sentenced to six years in state prison and two years of post-release supervision for the possession of nearly 4,000 bags of heroin.
Dauch recently pleaded guilty to criminal possession of a controlled substance, a felony and confessed to possessing 3,900 individually wrapped bags of heroin with the intent to sell them at his home on Route 17B in the Town of Bethel.
Police officials estimated the street value of the heroin to be worth approximately $40,000.
"This was one of the largest heroin seizures in Sullivan County history and the sentence handed down today is evidence of my office's commitment to hold drug dealers accountable and responsible. This defendant was involved in the distribution of a significant amount of heroin and I am pleased that the Court imposed a substantial sentence in this case," Sullivan County District Attorney Jim Farrell said in a press release.
In September 2016, New York State Police, assisted by the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office, District Attorney's Office and the Bethel Constables, executed a search warrant on Dauch's home after an investigation into the distribution of heroin from that home and found the heroin, along with a scale used to measure individual quantities of heroin and $4,250.00 in United States money.
Dauch was ordered to forfeit the cash seized as part of the proceeds of his illegal drug trafficking.
- Very Contagious Stomach Bug Spreading in Hudson Valley
- HPD: Hudson Valley Man Plows Into Family of 8 at 7-11 Killing Mom
- Outrage Grows Over Local Buildings Named After Slave Owners
- SUNY New Paltz Hall of Famer Killed in Florida
- Beloved Hudson Valley Teacher Killed in New York City
- Hudson Valley Man Killed Trying to Help Crash Victim
- Hudson Valley Schools Placed on Lockdown After Stabbing
- Hudson Valley Dog Stolen From Owner's Car on Valentine's Day
- Hudson Valley Man Killed Cutting Down Tree, Police Say
- Outrage Grows For Hudson Valley Inmate's Sudden Death in Prison