Hudson Valley Firefighter Laid To Rest
A Hudson Valley man who battled fires in the area lost his life in a tragic accident.
Last week, the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Patrol responded to a 911 call of a motorcycle accident at the corner of Katrina Falls Road and Lucky Lake Road in Rock Hill.
At the scene, deputies found a 2017 Yamaha motorcycle that left the road and hit a tree. The rider, Patrick O’Brien, 31, of Rock Hill, was thrown from his bike after the crash, police say.
O'Brien used to fight fires in Dutchess County.
"The Roosevelt Fire District is saddened to hear of the sudden passing of former Engine Company #2 member Patrick O’Brien. Our deepest condolences go out to the entire O’Brien family during this very difficult time," Roosevelt Fire District wrote on Facebook.
A wake was held for O'Brien on Tuesday at the in the Harris Funeral Home in Liberty, according to his obituary. Funeral services were held on Wednesday. Our thoughts are O'Brien's family and friends.
- Hudson Valley Official Accused of Decades of Abuse Towards Women
- Hudson Valley Firefighter Laid To Rest
- Man Found Dead in Machine at Hudson Valley Cheese Company
- 4 Accused of Plotting Terrorist Attack Near Hudson Valley
- New York State Passes 'Historic' Abortion Rights Law
- McDonald's Denies Accidentally Spiking Hudson Valley Man's Drink
- Bruce Willis Selling Stunning Hudson Valley Home
- Hudson Valley Man Allegedly Threatened to Kill Judge, Prosecutor