How Does New York’s Economy Compare to Other States?
How does New York's economy perform compared to the rest of the country?
Economic growth varies from state to state significantly, so our friends at Wallethub compared all the states to determine 2018's Best & Worst State Economies.
In order to determine America's top economic performers, the state were compared across 28 key indicators of economic performance and strength. The data set ranges from GDP growth to startup activity to share of jobs in high-tech industries.
New York ranked as having the 18th best economy compared to the rest of the country. Here's the breakdown.
Economic Performance in New York:
- 35th - GDP Growth
- 29th - Exports per Capita
- 12th - Startup Activity
- 24th - % of Job in high-Tech Industries
- 46th - Annual Median Household Income
- 18th - Change in Nonfarm Payrolls
- 35th - Government Surplus/Deficit per Capita
- 38th - Unemployment Rate