High-Risk Hudson Valley Sex Offender Owned Dangerous Weapon
A high-risk Hudson Valley sex offender who admitted to owning a dangerous weapon allegedly sold guns to police officers.
On Monday in Ulster County Court, 57-year-old Kirk Carney pleaded guilty to felony criminal possession of a weapon in connection with his possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device capable of holding 25 rounds.
On Sept. 18, a search warrant executed at Carney's home by members of the Ulster County Community Narcotics and Enforcement Team led to the recovery of the ammunition feeding device, along with numerous other shotguns and rifles which Carney wasn't allowed to own because he was a convicted felon, officials say.
Carney is also a Level-3 sex offender for sexually abusing a teenage girl in 2007. Carney is considered a "Predicate Sex Offender" on the New York State Sex Offender's database.
Level-3 sex offenders are considered to have the highest risk of a repeat offense and are considered the greatest risk to the public.
Carney is due to be sentenced on February 11, 2019, and faces up to seven years in state prison with five years of post-release supervision.
- Hudson Valley Celebrity Couple Rescues 'In Love' Donkey & Emu
- I Love New York Logo Created By Hudson Valley Man
- Hudson Valley Special Needs Student Wins $28 Million in Rape Case
- AMBER Alert: Child Abducted, Likely Traveling Through Hudson Valley
- Mid-Hudson Civic Center Is Being Renamed, Revitalized
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Killing Family Member Wanted By FBI
- Hudson Valley Man, 2 Teens Charged With Murder
- Exotic Tick Which Spreads Deadly Disease Found In Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Teen Pleads Guilty Following School Shooting Threat
- 7 Arrested in Hudson Valley Prostitution Bust