Here’s How You Can Help The Family of a Fallen Hudson Valley Cop
A GoFundMe was started for the family of a Hudson Valley police officer and firefighter who passed away at the age of 47.
On July 18, 47-year-old John Courtenay of Middletown died at his home after a lengthy illness. Courtenay was born in Warwick in 1971, he graduated high school in Chester and soon followed his grandfather and father's footsteps and become a police officer.
Courtenay was an officer for the Village of Chester Police Department for over 20 years, according to GoFundMe.
He started his career as a police officer in 1996 with the Town of Chester Police Department. In 2001, he transferred to the Village of Chester Police Department. He was also a member of the Chester Volunteer Fire Department, Walton Engine and Hose Company and served as President.
Courtenay is survived by his wife and three daughters. A GoFundMe was set up to help his wife and daughters.
- Teacher From Hudson Valley Had Oral Sex With Student
- At Least 7 Killed in Mafia-Style Murders in The Hudson Valley
- Rabid Cat Bites Woman Walking Dog in Hudson Valley
- Here's How You Can Help The Family of a Fallen Hudson Valley Cop
- Hudson Valley Mets Fans Offered Free Therapy Sessions
- Police: 2 Hudson Valley Men Beat 67-Year-Old, Steal His Car
- DEC: Watch Out For This 'Invasive Species' in Hudson Valley