Herd of Escaped Bison On the Loose in New York State
Officials in New York state are on the lookout for some escaped suspects. However, these suspects all weigh in at over one thousand pounds, can be ill tempered, and like to eat grass.
WYNT is reporting that a herd of bison escaped from a farm in Sharon Springs, which is about forty five miles west of Albany. WYNT says that one farmer, one county over in Roseboom, says the escaped herd had heavily damaged his crops.
The owner is currently working with New York State police and the DEC to roundup the escapees. USA Today says that there are about 75 of them, with at least 30 adult buffalo, three bulls, and 45 calves; with about half of the calves being bulls.
As of now, no one had been hurt, though officials obviously want to corral the animals before they trample anyone.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Fireworks 2019
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash