Electrician Setup Hidden Camera in Hudson Valley Woman’s Bathroom
An electrician admitted he installed a hidden camera in the bathroom of a Hudson Valley home where he was hired to perform electrical work.
On Thursday in Orange County Court, 48-year-old Joseph Krenicky of Glenwood, NJ, pleaded guilty to unlawful surveillance.
At the time he pleaded guilty, Krenicky confessed he installed a hidden camera in the bathroom of the Town of Chester home where he was hired to perform electrical work.
Krenicky, who has been charged with a similar offense in New Jersey, admitted to keeping video files of the Orange County home-owner as she stepped into and out of the shower and using those video files for his own sexual gratification.
The case in Orange County began after the New Jersey State Police executed a search warrant at Krenicky’s home in New Jersey. Video files Krenicky secretly recorded were recovered from his computer. The Town of Chester Police Department was instrumental in identifying the Orange County victim, officials say.
“One can scarcely conceive of a greater invasion of privacy than being surreptitiously recorded in the bathroom of your own home,” Orange County District Attorney David Hoovler said. “Homeowners must necessarily allow contractors and others into their home to perform work. Those who abuse their ability to access homes to use technology to invade the privacy of unsuspecting victims deserve incarceration. State prison sentences are the best deterrent to those who might be tempted to use technology to invade the privacy of others, particularly when it is done for purposes of sexual gratification. ”
As part of his plea agreement, prosecutors will recommend that Krenicky be sentenced to one to three years in state prison, concurrent to whatever prison sentence he receives in New Jersey. The conviction will also require Krenicky to register as a sex offender.
Krenicky is scheduled to be sentenced on September 12, 2019.
- Neighbors of Hudson Valley Porta-Potty Company Says Area Stinks
- New York Man in Underwear Saves 3 Cars From Flood, Loses Job
- Marijuana is Officially Decriminalized in New York State
- 'Money Grab:' Is New York State and the DMV Scamming New Yorkers?
- Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Over Immigration Crackdown
- Tick Carrying a Deadly Brain Swelling Virus Found Near New York
- Cops: Hudson Valley Sex Offender Raped Child, More Victims Likely
- Man On The Run From Police in Hudson Valley For Nearly 20 Years
- Hudson Valley Man Arranged to Meet Teen At Mall For Sex