DEC: Girl Hit By Car Driven by Unlicensed Teen in Hudson Valley
A young girl riding her bike in the Hudson Valley was seriously injured after she was hit by a car driven by an unlicensed teen.
On Saturday around 7:15 p.m., a 10-year-old girl was riding her bike in G-loop in the Mongaup Pond Campground in Sullivan County when she was struck by a car, according to the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
The unnamed girl was thrown from her bike and knocked unconscious. Offiials from the Mongaup Pond Campground in contacted the DEC requesting forest ranger assistance.
Two forest rangers and a DEC police officer responded. The child was evaluated by the Livingston Manor Ambulance and released to her parents. Her condition wasn't released.
An investigation determined the car was driven by a 16-year-old girl from Brooklyn who was ticketed by New York State Police for driving without a license and failure to pass a bicycle safely, according to the DEC.
- Nearly 100 Headstones Damaged at Hudson Valley Cemetery
- Award-Winning Hudson Valley Restaurant Will Serve Food Later
- Fundraiser For Hudson Valley Father Who Forgot Babies in Hot Car
- The 7 Hudson Valley Cities Where Rent Costs the Most
- Hudson Valley Woman Accused of Fatally Hitting Grandfather
- Police Investigate Shooting at Newburgh Waterfront
- Hudson Valley Man Murdered Father Who Was Protecting Son
- Customer: Hudson Valley Gas Station Fills Up Gas Tanks With Water
- Lower Hudson Valley Dad Arrested After Babies Die in Hot Car
- Petition Wants Confederate Railroad Perform in Hudson Valley