DA: Drunk Driver Fled Police, Murdering Hudson Valley Woman
A Hudson Valley man was charged with murder for allegedly fleeing police at over 100 MPH and causing a horrific fatal accident, which killed a local woman.
On Wednesday, Ryan Williams, 29, of Poughkeepsie was indicted by an Ulster County Grand Jury on charges of murder, depraved indifference to human life, aggravated vehicular homicide, unlawful fleeing of a police officer, assault and aggravated operation of a motor vehicle.
The indictment alleges Williams fled police in a Porsche Cayenne at a high rate of speed while highly intoxicated on Route 299 in the Town of Lloyd, on July 1.
While heading into New Paltz, at the intersection of Route 299 and South Street, Williams crossed into oncoming traffic, hitting a Ford F15 pick-up truck, police say.
The driver of the pickup truck, 39-year-old Danielle M. Pecoraro of New Paltz, was pronounced dead on the scene.
Two other people, Pecoraro's daughter, a passenger in the pickup, and a woman in a car behind the pickup truck, suffered serious physical injuries, according to the Ulster County District Attorney's Office.
Williams’s license had been revoked for a prior alcohol-related charge and, at the time of the fatal accident was driving without a valid license, officials say.
A few weeks ago, New York State Police charged Williams with aggravated vehicular homicide, manslaughter, unlawfully fleeing a police officer, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, all felonies, driving while intoxicated and reckless driving, misdemeanors.
Video at the scene following the accident can be seen below
- Priests With Hudson Valley Ties Allegedly Sexually Abused Kids
- Beloved Hudson Valley Cafe Sold
- Tick Carrying Fatal Brain Swelling Virus Returns to Hudson Valley
- Train With Radioactive Content Derails Into New York River
- Hudson Valley ‘Kayak Killer’ to Receive Fiance's Life Insurance
- Rabid Fox Found in Hudson Valley
- Child of Fallen Hudson Valley Firefighter Awarded Scholarship
- Missing Hudson Valley Teen Found Dead
- Months Before Wedding Central Hudson Employee Killed at Work
- Hudson Valley Man Involved in Fatal Intoxicated Crash, With Kids