"Get vaccinated, or you will be fired." Unfortunately, most hospitals in Connecticut have delivered that ultimatum to their workers stating that if they haven't been vaccinated against coronavirus by September 30, they will be terminated.

What would you do if your employer gave you that same ultimatum? Would you threaten to sue? Don't bother because according to the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), as reported on by the New York Times, companies are legally permitted to make employees get vaccinated. The EEOC also states that,

"If an employee will not get vaccinated because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, he or she may be entitled to an accommodation that does not pose an “undue hardship” on the business.

If you have a child 12 to 17, the Connecticut Children's Medical Center strongly recommends they receive the vaccine ASAP to attend school without being high risk. It could also determine whether masks will have to be worn by kids heading back to school in the fall. Health care workers are beginning to see unvaccinated children being admitted to hospitals and some of those kids are on ventilators.

WZAD-WCZX The Wolf logo
Get our free mobile app

Because Connecticut is one of the top three states where 63% of adults and teens have been vaccinated, the risk of catching the virus is much lower than a state like Alabama where only 34% have been vaccinated.

At Yale-New Haven Health, Trinity Health and Hartford Healthcare systems 80% of hospital workers have had the shot. The other 20% to 25% who are not vaccinated could be looking for a new job come this October.

Images From Inside Fairfield Hills Psychiatric Hospital in Newtown

A Look at the Gravesite of Connecticut's Most Well-Known Paranormal Investigator

More From WZAD-WCZX The Wolf