Could Major League Baseball Begin by Fourth of July?
Many have wondered if we'd see any sports any time soon, and now we may some answers. Well, that is if you don't count the recent UFC car from this past weekend, or the American Cornhole League Pro Invitational Qualifier.
Could baseball be returning? NBC reports that team owners plan to propose to the Players' Union Monday, and hope to have the season up and running by July 4th weekend. Teams would play 82 regular season games, with most being in their own division to avoid excess travel. Games would be played at empty stadiums.
NBC says that teams want to play at their regular-season ballparks but might have to play some games at spring training stadiums or neutral sites if they can't get medical or governmental clearance.
The postseason would then expand from 10 to 14 teams.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to noon through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Coronavirus in New York
- Did this Hudson Valley Family Catch a Ghost on Camera?
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge?
- Hudson Valley Donut Shop Named Best in New York State
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Hudson Valley School Surprises Students
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America