‘Beloved’ Hudson Valley Teacher Found Dead
A "beloved" Hudson Valley teacher was found dead.
Jorge L. Crespo, 57, was reported missing last week. His car was last seen near the Westchester Airport in White Plains near Rye Lake. A few days later, he was found dead. Details about his death are unclear as of this writing.
Crespo was born in Yonkers in 1962 and graduated from Yonkers High School in 1980. He began his teaching career in the Bronx teaching Spanish and Art. Later, he taught Art at Yonkers Middle High School.
His obituary says Crepso was "beloved" by his students in Yonkers and many took to Facebook to mourn his passing.
"Mr. Crespo was my art teacher back in middle school," Joel Pike wrote. "He was a very great man who had a love for animals, especially those reptiles that he had inside the classroom. I am very saddened and sorry to hear that his body was found. YMHS is going through a difficult time. Art class will never be the same without him.
"Omg if u went to YMHS u deff had him for art with all the animals and stuff in class. This is so sad," Danielle Truss said.
Crespo is survived by his daughter, granddaughter, parents and fiancé. A burial is scheduled for Tuesday at Mt. Hope Cemetery.
- 'Beloved' Hudson Valley Teacher Found Dead
- Hudson Valley Man Sentenced For Murdering Brother
- Cops Investigate 'Ugly Acts' of Swastikas on Hudson Valley Homes
- Hudson Valley Hospital Worker Sexually Abused Patient
- $1 Million Mega Millions Winning Tickets Sold in Hudson Valley
- Measles Spreading at Alarming Rates in Hudson Valley
- These Are The Best Pizzerias in the Hudson Valley
- Trump Organization Sues Man Who Died in Trump Tower Fire