Another Hudson Valley Plant Shutting Down Unit, 56 Jobs Affected
Some 56 local jobs are being eliminated at a local plant.
In what has become an all too familiar story, a local business is cutting jobs. Geritrex announced in a Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification that they would be making some major changes to their plant in Middletown.
Founded in 1978, Geritrex is a medical supply company in Orange County, providing over the counter medications, personal care items and skincare products to health care institutions, long-term care facilities, retailers and wholesaler-distributors. According to paperwork filed with New York State, the plant at 40 Commercial Avenue in Scotchtown currently employs 76 people but will eliminate 56 of those jobs as the company switches over to a virtual manufacturing system this summer.
Layoffs for the workers, who are not represented by a union, will begin on August 18. We reached out to Geritrex for comment about the closing, but they did not immediately respond.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash