Alleged Beacon Purse Snatching Thief Found
A Dutchess County man is accused of stealing a woman's purse.
On Sunday around 10 p.m., the City of Beacon police responded to Liberty Street for a purse snatching incident. The victim was able to describe the male suspect and responding officers located a man matching the description a short time later.
A show-up was conducted and the victim positively identified the man, police say.
Bobby Jones III, 23, of Beacon was charged with robbery, a felony, and unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation. He was processed and arraigned in Beacon City Court where he was remanded to Dutchess County Jail on $10,000 cash $20,000 bond.
- Nearly 7-Foot Snake Found in Bathroom of Hudson Valley Home
- Nearly $1 Million of Weed Found After Suspected Pot Farm Fire
- Tick Carrying Deadly Brain Swelling Virus Found in Hudson Valley
- High-Risk Hudson Valley Sex Offender On The Loose
- Alleged Superintendent Pooper Demands to See Video of Poop
- Police Investigate After Man Found Dead Near Hudson Valley School
- Hudson Valley School District May Ban Homework
- New York Officials Declare 'Emergency' Across Tri-State
- Hudson Valley Police Officer Killed Days Before Wedding
- Hudson Valley High School Deals With Tragedy For 3rd Year