43-Year Employee at St. Francis Hospital Dies
If you've ever been to St. Francis Hospital in Poughkeepsie, it's likely you've run into this woman.
Sister Marie Colette Muller started working at St. Francis (now Mid Hudson Regional) in 1970. Hired as a staff nurse, Colette later moved to pastoral ministry at the hospital in 1979. Through the years Colette saw countless patients and family members, helping them through the most joyous and painful moments of their lives. In 1998 the long-time employee was elected to the hospital's board of directors.
Early in her career, Colette worked as at St. Agnes Hospital in White Plains. Besides serving on staff, she worked as a baby nurse until 1959 when she left to run the infirmary at Immaculate Conception motherhouse in Hastings-on Hudson.
Sister Marie Colette died Aug. 25 at Lawrence Hospital in Bronxville. She was 92.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Frolic Friday Cheesed Challenge Video
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge
- Could This Upstate NY Singer Be the Next Kelly Clarkson
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash