35 Fur Babies Find Forever Homes
On Saturday May 5th, The Dutchess County SPCA was one of 111 across the United States that participated in Empty The Shelters. That is a program sponsored by The BISSELL Pet Foundation which means they will covered the adoption fees for animals rescued that day.
It's days like this that set record adoption numbers for shelters and this past Saturday saw a very high number of rescues. The DCSPCA opened with 15 available dogs and 11 of them were adopted within the 5-hour event. In Cat Village, 51 cats were available and 24 were rescued. That's 35 rescues in one day, way to go Hudson Valley!
Chris Bender, Adoption Manager at DCSPCA said, “I love the buzz and the positive energy many people from our community bring to the shelter during these free adoption events.”
The DCSPCA is a no kill shelter and is run with a small staff and amazing volunteers. While these amazing animals await a new family to rescue them, it's the volunteers who give up their free time to walk, feed, nurture, socialize, and love these furry friends.
For more information on adoption, donation or volunteering you can visit their website here.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash