2 Hudson Valley Police Officers Suddenly Die
The local area is mourning after learning two Hudson Valley police officers suddenly died.
On Wednesday, the Orange County Sheriff’s Office announced the sudden loss of two members, Officer Alecks S. Elia and Lieutenant Frank A. Maiorino.
Elia served as a Marine in Operation Desert Storm, Operation Iraqi Freedom and in Afghanistan. He worked at the Orange County Sheriff's Office for over 11 years and also volunteered at the New Windsor Ambulance.
Elia, 56, of New Windsor, is survived by his wife Emelie and two daughters, Kristine and Nicole.
Maiorino served the people of Orange County for over 20 years, working his way up from correction officer, to lieutenant.
Maiorino, 47, is survived by his wife Kristine and daughter Francesca.
“As we at the Sheriff’s Office mourn the loss of two of our own, we are thinking of the families of these men and wish them peace and comfort as they face the days ahead with loving memories to forever hold in their hearts," Orange County Sheriff Carl DuBois said in press release.
Police didn't release the cause of death for either officer.
- Hudson Valley 9/11 Responder Dies From 9/11 Related Illness
- Golden Corral to Reopen in Hudson Valley, Hiring
- 2 Hudson Valley Police Officers Suddenly Die
- Hudson Valley Native Murdered at Chili's
- Hudson Valley Heroin Dealer Sentenced to Life in Prison
- Hudson Valley Child Finds Bags of Drugs in Online Snack Order
- Woman Wins $1 Million at Hudson Valley Casino
- Mold Found at 3 Hudson Valley Schools