1/3 Of New Yorkers Can’t Afford To Live Here
A new poll shows that over 40% of New Yorkers can't afford to live in New York State.
The New York Post reports that a Quinnipiac Poll shows close to the majority of New York City residents can't afford to live in the state. The effect? They think that New York State's high cost of living will force them to leave the state in five years or less.
According to the New York Post, 41% of city residents can't afford to live anywhere in the state, let alone New York City. Last May, when New Yorkers were asked the same questions, only 31% of City residents said they'd be forced to leave soon, but that has now risen to 41%.
The poll by Quinnipiac also shows that New York State ranks highest for people moving out, according to the New York Post. 1,216 people were surveyed between March 13 and 18.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash