Poughkeepsie J.C. Penney Store Among 13 Closing
More sad news for the Hudson Valley as the Poughkeepsie J.C. Penney will be closing.
It shouldn't be a surprise that the COVID-19 pandemic has not been good for businesses. Small businesses are not the only ones struggling even massive big box stores and department chains are hurting and many continue to liquidate and prepare to close their doors permanently.
According to CNN, It was announced last month that J.C. Penney filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy after being in business for over 100 years and planned on closing 200 stores by the end of the summer and 50 more by next year.
According to USA Today, it was recently announced that 13 more stores will begin closing with two of them being in New York state. Of the stores on the list, the location at the Poughkeepsie Galleria was sadly among them.
We reached out to the Poughkeepsie Galleria with a request for comment. We will update this article with any response.
Liquidation of these stores could start as soon as early July.
Listen to the Wakin' Up With CJ and Jess Show weekday mornings from 6AM to noon through your Wolf mobile app. Connect with The Wolf on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley 2020 Fireworks
- Coronavirus in New York
- Did this Hudson Valley Family Catch a Ghost on Camera?
- Does the Hudson Valley Need Another Bridge?
- Hudson Valley Donut Shop Named Best in New York State
- New Restaurant Coming to Popular Hudson Valley Location
- Hudson Valley School Surprises Students
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America