World’s Oldest Barber Cuts Hair in the Hudson Valley
The world's oldest barber continues to cut hair in the Hudson Valley.
Anthony Mancinelli of New Windsor started cutting hair at age 11. 96 years later the now 107-year-old is still working. Not only that, but he's still working full time, 40 hours a week.
“Well, I advise a lot of people not to quit working. Keep busy. Some retire too soon and they get old fast,” Mancinelli told CBS.
Mancinelli can be found at Fantastic Cuts in New Windsor five days a week from 12 to 8 p.m, the New York Times reports.
“He never calls in sick,” she said. “I have young people with knee and back problems, but he just keeps going. He can do more haircuts than a 20-year-old kid. They’re sitting there looking at their phones, texting or whatever, and he’s working," Fantastic Cuts Owner Jane Dinezza told the New York Times.
In 2007, at 96-years-old, he made the Guinness Book of World Records as the oldest working barber. As each year passes, he continues to break his own Guinness record.
Mancinelli will turn 108 in March and says he has no plans of slowing down.
- Man Falls To Death Rock Climbing in Hudson Valley Near Christmas
- Nearly 4,000 at Nearby Surgery Center Likely Exposed to HIV, More
- Cops: Man With Connections to Cult Kidnapped Hudson Valley Kids
- Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley Nursery, Church, School
- Massive Skating Rink Opens in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Office Saved Suicidal Student's Life
- Police: Missing New York Child Could be in Hudson Valley