Woman With Brain Bleed Causes Accident in Hudson Valley, Flees
A woman driving in the Hudson Valley with a brain bleed caused an accident and fled from police.
On Sunday around 1 a.m., Rosendale police monitored a 911 call about an accident in the Town of Rochester on Lucas Avenue.
It was reported that one of the drivers left the scene. A second call was received a short time later, reporting the car that left the accident was driving erratically on State Route 213 in the Town Rosendale.
Officers found the car on Route 32 and conducted a traffic stop. During the stop, the driver, a 75-year-old woman, fled and continued driving on Route 32, police say.
The vehicle was finally stopped on Route 213 in the Eddyville area.
Officers determined that alcohol and drugs were not a factor, but something was wrong with the woman, police say.
The woman was taken to the hospital, where it was discovered that she was found to have bleeding on the brain. The unnamed woman was then transported to Albany Medical Center. An update on her condition wasn’t released.
- High-Risk Sex Offender Moves Near Many Hudson Valley Schools
- Young Girl Falls From Zip Line At Local Community Day
- One Injured When Plane Lands Upside Down at Hudson Valley Airport
- Hudson Valley Man in Critical Condition After Hit-And-Run
- Missing Hudson Valley Man’s Vehicle, Skeletal Remains Found
- 'Walking Dead' Stars Enjoy Eclipse, Bike Ride In Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley