Woman Killed in Fire At Hudson Valley Group Home
A woman lost her life during a fire at a Hudson Valley group home.
Just before midnight on Thursday, the Putnam County 911 Center received a call of a reported structure fire at the Stepping Stone Group Residence on Route 301 in the town of Philipstown.
First responders found an active fire in a bedroom on the second floor of the group home.
A 52-year-old woman was soon found unconscious in the bedroom. She was pronounced dead at the scene. Her name hasn’t been released.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office Bureau of Criminal Investigations, the Putnam County Fire Investigation Team and New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control. No other injuries were reported.
- Hudson Valley Could See 6 Inches of Snow
- Hudson Valley Man Fatally Hit By 2 Cars While Walking
- Police: Man Commits Suicide on I-84
- Hudson Valley Sex Offender Convinced Minors to Send Nude Photos
- Julia Roberts Spotted in the Hudson Valley
- Missing Child Likely Spotted in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley