Will Naked Bike Riders Be Coming to the Hudson Valley?
If you see naked bike riders passing you, no, you are not seeing things. You are seeing people who are participating in World Naked Bike Ride Day. A day where persons take to the bicycle in zero or very little clothing to 'promote reduced oil dependency, local action, body confidence, and more.'
Here is what the founder says about what your participation in this event means:
"is one of simplification, human harmony and love. For a future to exist for tomorrow's generations, we have to stop wasting the life blood energy of the Earth, stop fighting and killing in the name of consumerist wealth accumulation and learn to love and respect all life on this planet."
Do you have what it takes to join in on the ride? Here are a few things that the organizers think that you should keep in mind to make sure you have a great experience:
- You are encouraged to use body paint, to make yourself as colorful as possible.
- They suggest that you bring something to cover your bike seat, not only for sanitary reasons, but to make it more comfortable for you
- Don't let your age stop you. Regardless of your age, if you want to participate go ahead and do so.
- Bring clothes for post ride festivities
- Feel free to ride at your own pace, but riding along with others might make you feel more comfortable
Dates for World Naked Bike Ride vary by region, but Buffalo NY will be participating this Saturday July 14, 2018
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America